Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A stitch in time


"Look hun, what do you think? I made it out of the drapes." Her fabric choice might not be my cup of tea, but that sewing machine sure sets my heart a pitter pattering.


Morse De Luxe sewing machine $40 vintageorphans


Pint size Singer sewing machine $25 thebirdsandthebees


Pink & teal Brother sewing machine $150 kingdomthreads

Nothing better to brighten up those dark and gloomy winter days then a cheery colored vintage sewing machine to team up with. It's safe to say we all can lose inspiration and patience at times but with a machine as cute as one of these, I dont think I could ever get discouraged again!

10 comments:

  1. happy new year, darla! love those sewing machines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want a new sewing machine!!!! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love vintage sewing machines! And I own three of them (and one more modern). I used to have only the modern one, but I had to buy my vintage Singers because they'll sew anything, unlike my modern machine that has no real strenght to sew through thick fabrics like denim... I know three (four if you count them all) is more than plenty, but those were a real bargain... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaahhh all those sewing machines are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the teal/greenish sewing machines. I'd like one and a matching kitchen set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a blue machine about a year ago I think is from the 60s or early 70s and it's wonderful. Pretty to look at and so strong! It'll probably last longer than me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its so great hearing about all of your guys vintage machines.

    I learned to sew on my moms sewing machine fron the 1970's and it could sew through anything!

    Una I bet yours is even tougher!

    Still on the look out for a machine from the 1950's, I have found quite a few at the goodwill but they seem to always be missing the foot pedal.

    ♥Darla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post, darling!
    What gorgeous vintage machines, and I looooove that first photo, too!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails